How to Get Rid Of Clutter?
- July 2, 2014
- Posted by: Robin Gates
- Category: blog
Clutter has so much to do with how we feel about ourselves. In other words, untidy living space or a messy environment leaves us feeling frustrated, anxious and overwhelmed. Clutter is considered as an energy drain – if we have a cluttered atmosphere, we spend extra time virtually searching for lost stuffs such as wallet, important files, keys, shoes, tools and other personal items. And consequently, this can lead us to stress.
How can clutter lead to stress?
- It disturbs our minds with excessive stimuli
- It deviates our attention from what our focus should be on
- It makes us feel weak – psychologically and physically
- It constantly gives us a feeling of incompleteness
- It creates a feeling of guilt
- It leads us to frustration
- It inhibits our creativity and productivity
However, unlike other sources of stress, handling the clutter shouldn’t be a big challenge. Here are some of the effective tips that you can follow in order to reduce the level of your stress.
- Don’t tackle the issue individually – if clutter has invaded your property, get the whole family involved in the mission. Make sure that each member is responsible for a certain task.
- Create special spaces for the items that are used frequently. By this, you don’t have to give your extra effort to find what you are looking for when you need them. And if you don’t need the stuffs, get rid of them simply by recycling or donating.
- Don’t let papers pile up. Say, mail, flyers, newspapers, magazines, plastic bags, menus and memos that are strewn everywhere can really turn into a big headache. An ideal trick to avoid the issue would be storing them properly.
- Manage your primary work space before you leave it. This will give you a sense of closure when you leave and make you feel good when you return back.
- Enjoy the task – Never consider cleaning as a laborious task. Instead, put on your favorite tracks while cleaning and enjoy the activity. This way, you won’t just enjoy the music but also the time will pass faster.
Live in a clutter free home and lead a healthy and happy life!