Cobwebs: A Sticky Situation
- July 20, 2015
- Posted by: Robin Gates
- Category: blog
Nothing makes your home look old and grubby more than the creepy cobwebs dangling from the ceiling. They usually get collected around the beams and rafters, and are also mostly found around the corners, or the place where the wall meets with the ceiling. Apart from high up areas, cobweb also gets collected in tight spaces like cracks between appliances or places with little space, like stairwell.
Since they stick to just about anything that they touch, they are a pain in the neck when it comes to cleaning them. Because of this, nobody really likes to touch them, and at the same time, nobody wants them around as well. So, it is very important that we have the right tools to get rid of them.
However, with the right cobweb duster, you can easily get rid of them. Having said that, even if you don’t have a duster specifically designed for cobwebs, you can also use microfiber duster, or an old stocking. Place the stocking on the head of the broom by stretching it.
Okay! Let’s get started, and rescue your home from appearing as if you’ve decorated it for the Halloween.
For Smooth Surface:
- Use a microfiber duster.
- To make the process easier, wet the duster. (if the manufacturer says you can wet it)
- Remove all the hanging ends to stop them from returning quickly.
For Textured Surface:
- As cobwebs tend to smear, sometimes it’s a good idea to vacuum hose as a cobweb remover.
- Make sure all the hanging ends are removed, to prevent them from returning quickly.
- Use a garden hose to spray water on the cobwebs, if they are on surfaces like windows, vinyl siding and stucco.
- Use a vacuum cleaner for places like garage, sheds, and carports, as they are deeper and harder to clean out.
- And of course, remove all the hanging ends to stop them from returning quickly.
So, with those pesky little creepers at bay, you can focus your time and energy on making your home beautiful. And the next time you decide to decorate for Halloween, you might want to try the fake webs instead.