Best Tips to Clean Your Restroom
- August 20, 2017
- Posted by: David Wright
- Category: blog
Restroom cleanliness is very important to your facility. An unsanitary restroom can lead to germs that can affect allergies or bacteria which can cause diseases and is one reason why bathrooms need to be cleaned daily. Repeat persons can be the direct result of sanitary or unsanitary restrooms. Germs and bacteria can affect allergies and cause disease respectively. A properly cleaned restroom can prevent both of these. A properly cleaned restroom is cleaned daily and starts from top to bottom. Ceilings can have cobwebs of spiders and the countertops and sinks can be infected with germs and bacteria.
A clean restroom requires wiping surfaces daily and deep cleaning weekly to prevent illness and infections affecting aging and/or unhealthy individuals. An unclean restroom effects:
- Breathing- Breathing in dust can cause health issues for normal people and also for those who might be already suffering from breathing disorders such as asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
- Micro-organisms, Bacteria, Viruses and Pathogens- These infectious organisms can stay on the surfaces for a week or even more. Infected and un-cleaned restrooms can cause stomach viruses which can cause intestinal distress such as E. Coli, Norovirus, and Salmonella, etc. They can also cause bacteria, fungi and viruses such as staph, athlete’s feet fungus, mold and mildew, strep and many others. Daily wiping of your restroom will help decrease surface bacteria and viruses efficiently.
Follow these steps to clean your restroom effectively to avoid germs and infections.
- Discharge all items from their usual places
Remove all your products from the shower or bathtub. Toss all used towels and rugs outside the room. Don’t forget to clean the trash cans too.
- Sweep and dust it down
Remove any cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling and ventilations using a duster with a long handle. If you still can’t reach the cobwebs, pull in a stepladder to reach the height. Then, mop or vacuum the floors to pick up hairs and other dust and dirt.
- Apply cleaner to bathtub and shower
Apply a cleaner or an acid- based cleaner to your shower, bathtub, sink and bathtub. Leave it to soak.
- Tackle other surfaces
Spray the cleaner to your cleaning device and wipe out any shelves, towel racks, doors, ventilations, etc.
- Mix cleaning solution for floor
Mix cleaning solution with water and clean or mop the floor with it.
- Clean the bathtub and shower
By now, the bathtub and shower should have been in a soaked state already so you can scrub away the dirt and buildups.
- Wash off the dirt from the shower and bathtub
Wash off the dirt and buildups from the shower and bathtub. Now replace all items that you had replaced.
- Clean the vanity area
Apply the cleaner-solution to the sink, mirror, countertops and faucets, then wipe with a clean cloth.
- Clean-up the comod
Now it’s time not to ignore the comod. Clean the comod with cleaners and disinfectant solutions.
- Mop the floor
Mop the floor with a bucket of water and cleaning solution diluted. As it gets dry, put the trashcan and rugs back to the bathroom floor.
With the above tips, you can get a clean restroom. If you think hiring a cleaning service is a good way to get your house all clean and tidy, ring us at (773) 292-6015 as we will provide you with the best cleanliness service. Happy cleaning!